Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pancakes, Pancakes!

So I saw an article on Yahoo the other day about whether or not there is a difference between pancakes made from scratch or from a mix. Basically the end result from their "research" was that there wasn't much difference so you might as well use the mix in a box and save yourself some time. No, no, no, no! I'm not sure who they asked or who made the pancakes, but I can assure you there is a difference and it is totally worth it to make them from scratch! I don't remember the last time I bought a box of pancake mix but I can tell you that I bought buttermilk last week to make my own pancake mix.

You don't need to be a master chef to make your own pancake batter and it doesn't take much time either! I make homemade pancakes every weekend and I'm challenging you to try it at least once and tell me weather or not you think there is a difference. Here is an easy recipe.

Ingredients
2 eggs
2 cups of buttermilk(You can use regular milk if you don't have buttermilk but I recommend the buttermilk!)
2 cups of flour
1 tsp. baking soda
2-3 Tbsp. sugar
1tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
3 Tbsp. of vegetable oil

Directions
Use just one bowl.
Slightly beat eggs.
Add buttermilk, baking soda and baking powder and mix.
Add flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Stir.
Fold in oil.
Do not over stir. It's best to leave a few lumps!
Lightly grease a griddle with oil.
Spoon batter onto griddle and turn when they are puffed up and full of little bubbles.
Makes 12-15 pancakes!

Easy enough right? Of course you can add blueberries or chocolate chips if you want. My dad used to add bits of apples to his pancakes! YUM! Try whatever you like! Serve with butter and syrup and a nice cup of coffee! So please try this at least once. You won't regret it and I bet you won't be buying pancake mix in a box any more! Enjoy and please leave a comment to let me know how your pancakes turn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment